The Optique platform is a solution that integrates several modules developed by the different expert groups of each university using the Information Workbench – semantic integration platform – developed by fluid Operations AG, also member of the project.
The Northstream demonstrator is a specific setup of the Optique platform, including a set of scenarios related to the domain of manufacturing of products. It also comes with a training database, corresponding ontologies and mappings and a stream engine, which together enables users to get hands-on experience without the need to cope with a tedious setup, technical barriers or security restrictions.
Northstream Technical Scope
Please bear in mind that Northstream demonstrator is an deliverable provided for education purposes only.
Northstream demonstrator is a fully functional end-to-end solution for End-Users containing:
- Visual Query Formulation System
- Access and Configuration of Data Sources
- Ontology and Mapping Management, including
- Bootstrapping Module
- Fully fledged and built-in Mapping Editor
- Functionality for Mapping Analysis
- Ontology uploading and visualisation tool
- Query Transformation Component (virtual repositories)
- SPARQL Federation Engine (Ontop)
- Stream Processing Engine (Exareme)
- Streams generator
- A postgres RDBMS