The Optique platform is a solution that integrates several modules developed by the different expert groups of each university using the Information Workbench – semantic integration platform – developed by fluid Operations AG, also member of the project.
The Northwind tutorial is a specific setup of the Optique platform, including a set of training tasks related to the domain of products and sales. It also comes with a training database and corresponding ontologies and mappings, which together enables users to get hands-on experience without the need to cope with a tedious setup, technical barriers or security restrictions.
At the moment there are three ways to access the tutorial. Method 1 is by far the easiest, but it does not give access to the full tutorial. All three methods are described below.
Method 1: Visit the public demo (limited access)
This method only gives access to the tutorial text and the Visual Query Interface.
- Visit the public demo.
- Log in with username: “demo” and password: “demo”.
Register and log into fluidOps AppCenter (required for method 2 and 3)
- Go to the fluidOps AppCenter signup/login page.
- Sign up for an account.
- Wait for the confirmation e-mail. This may take up to 24 hours.
- Log into the AppCenter and continue with method 1 or method 2.
Method 2: Running the tutorial on a PaaS instance (full access)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org asking for access to the Northwind tutorial as a PaaS instance.
Method 3: Download and run Northwind tutorial locally (full access)
- Go to fluidOps AppCenter instances.
- Download Information Workbench v6.1.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Go to the fluidOps App Center apps.
- Click on Big Data Training.
- Click Download App to download the Northwind zip file.
- Move the Northwind zip file into the folder apps.
- Run Information workbench by following OS specific instructions from the Information workbench Readme file.